Welcome

All The Farm That Is Fit To Print

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring Rites

I've been sleeping with the window open, hoping that the crisp breezes would be warm again soon. The fresh air reminds me that there's a whole beautiful world out there beyond my office, couch, and easy chair. Right outside my windows, small sparrows twitter and flirt on the budding branches.

I think about Easter parades, and Persephone's exit from the Underworld, and swimming in Grand Traverse Bay in May when I was 12 years old.

 Elliot said, "April is the cruellest month..." I have a tendency to think that February is crueller. The iron grey skies and frozen tundra make February endless, endless. April is just tricky. It can't commit to one thing or another.

Think, "Spring," Leelanau county.

2 comments:

  1. turkeys they raise. Each aspect of the care that these animals recieve leads to a happier animal. Ultimately, these happy animals make better, tastier, and healthier products for the dinner table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. place where I'm gonna think out loud about some of the issues/challenges surrounding our culture in the coming century.

    ReplyDelete